As a prosecutor and former Deputy Attorney General, I’m committed to the safety of our neighborhoods.
I voted against letting criminals out of prison early. I have voted to crack down on criminals who use guns and on sex traffickers. Recently, I opposed further changes to public safety laws which would have reduced sentences for violent offenders.
- Joint Author of AB 2888 (Ting, Muratsuchi, Reyes) - Which strengthens the state’s Gun Violence Restraining Order process to keep guns away from individuals who pose a serious threat to themselves or others.
- Co-authored SB 1054 (Hertzberg) which provides that no person arrested for a sex offense could be released pre-arraignment.
- Co-authored AB 1065 (Jones-Sawyer) which creates the crime of organized retail theft. Expands jurisdiction to prosecute cases of theft or receipt of stolen merchandise.
- Secured $10M in this year’s budget to fund a new public safety training center at El Camino Community College which will train firefighter, police, other first responders, and airport security personnel. It will allow for new jobs to be trained in the South Bay.
- Named Legislator of the Year by California’s Police Chiefs for 2017.
California Police Chiefs
California Association of Highway Patrolmen
Association of Los Angeles
Deputy Sheriffs Los Angeles Police Protective League